Kitchen cabinets are an essential part of making any kitchen look fantastic. However, the cost of kitchen cabinets can vary significantly depending on several factors. To make sure you’re fully informed about the financial implications, read on!
The Cost of Kitchen Cabinets
The cost of kitchen cabinets varies greatly, but generally, new cabinets cost between $4,000 and $13,000 (according to Cliq Studios). The price range depends on the size of your kitchen, the material used, the color, and your location. Generally, a larger kitchen means more cabinets, which means a higher price tag. The quality of the cabinets also contributes to price.
Why Do Cabinet Prices Vary So Much?
Cabinet prices vary based on many factors, including the materials used, the level of craftsmanship, and the customization involved. The location of your home and the demand for kitchen renovations in your area can also affect the price.
Factors that Affect the Price of Kitchen Cabinets
- Size: The size of your kitchen plays a crucial role in determining the price of your cabinets. Larger kitchens typically require more cabinets, which translates to a higher price tag. The size of your cabinets also determines their cost, with larger cabinets costing more.
- Material: The material you choose for your cabinets can significantly affect the price. Stainless steel cabinets are generally the most expensive, while wood veneer cabinets are typically the cheapest. Check out the average cost for cabinets by material (according to Homeadvisor):
- Wood Veneer: $2,000 – $15,000
- Laminate: $4,000 – $15,000
- Wood: $5,000 – $25,000
- Acrylic: $5,000 – $20,000
- Stainless steel: $25,000 – $38,000
- Color: The color of your cabinets also affects the cost, surprisingly. If you’re going from a darker color to a lighter color, you’ll need higher quality paint to make sure they look crisp and complete.
- Labor: Doing the actual work of installing cabinets will cost you (unless you do it all yourself). If you’re thinking of doing it on your own but think you’ll need some help, consider hiring a Tasker to assist you!
Average Cost Of Kitchen Cabinets
As mentioned above, kitchen cabinets vary greatly in terms of price. But as a rule of thumb, the cost of cabinets are based on the level of detail you want to put into them.
- Stock cabinets are typically the cheapest, priced under $5k.
- Semi-custom cabinets are more expensive, generally above $5k.
- Fully-custom cabinets are the most expensive and can cost upwards of $10k.
Overall, it’s best to get stock cabinets if you’re on a budget, while custom cabinets are better if you’ve got more to spend. Whatever you decide, Taskers can help get your home into good shape prior to installation, or even install the cabinets themselves! Chat with your Tasker before hiring them to determine what skills and tools they have.
Is it Cheaper to Buy Cabinets or Have Them Built?
Buying pre-made cabinets is generally cheaper than having them built. Custom cabinets require skilled carpenters, which can drive up the cost of your cabinets. However, custom cabinets allow for more flexibility in design and can provide a better fit for your kitchen.
Get Your Kitchen Looking Great With Help From A Tasker
Ready to start remodeling but not sure where to begin? Hire a Tasker for the first steps or to help you throughout the process of cabinet installation. Taskers are experienced and always available to help, whatever you might need.
Don’t waste your weekend doing it all alone. Just task!